Please sign in to post.

Train Tickets

I am still struggling with getting train tickets...

How does Rome2Rio have them to purchase but when you go to the Renfe website, they show no available trains? And why is Rail Ninja way more expensive?? Is it safe to buy through Rome2Rio? Most importantly, for 6/18 from Madrid to Seville, but we are coming from Salamanca to Madrid that morning and I still can't get bus tickets or a train ticket, yet I can get one after 12p to get to Seville. Am I wrong to assume that the schedule for this week will pretty much be the same that day as well? I plan on leaving Salamanca first thing in the morning to Madrid, then getting to the other train station to get from Madrid to Seville. A train after 12p would play it safe, as long as they arrive in Madrid before 11a.

Posted by
7861 posts

Don't use Rio 2 Rome. They don't sell tickets or have any control over Renfe the company that runs the train.
Most here use either renfe or trainline.

The schedule is just not out yet.
Renfe does not follow a definite schedule for when tickets go on sale but they will as late as June 2.

Posted by
866 posts

Rome2Rio is a resale site not a ticket originator. The Man in Seat 61 website Seat61.com is excellent and has a nice rundown of train travel in Spain. Good Luck.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you. SO now that I am on Trainline, I can see Madrid to Salamanca trains, however everything is sold out fo the next day on June 18th to return to Madrid?? I will check out Seat61. Now I know why people pay others to book this stuff.

Posted by
315 posts

If you are booking for June travel, you are probably just early. And yes it is weird - 1. they never actually say that, 2. it always says "sold out," not "not scheduled yet" or "unavailable, check later" and 3. you can see tickets for dates before and after your date, often at a high price. It makes no sense. I was not able to book tickets for Bilbao-Segovia until about 6 weeks before my travel date. Just kept checking Trainline every five days or so, finally they showed up.

Posted by
1433 posts

Renfe has only put train tickets for sale on that route through the end of April. When you go to The Trainline for Madrid -Salamanca only the station “Madrid Principe Pio” is listed—and that is a bus station.
The “Sold Out” label is not accurate. As above, they should say “Unavailable” Renfe has not yet put the Madrid-Salamanca tickets for sale for any date beyond April 30.

If you find it difficult to buy your train tix through the Renfe website, try www.TheTrainline.com or www.Omio.com
Rail Ninja has predatory pricing and I would never use that website.