Please sign in to post.

Train Schedules

So after reading a lot on these message boards about how renfe website works, or doesnt, ( I am not having any luck with that site) I've been using GoEuro to try to figure out trains and costs, etc.

How reliable is this site, and do trains get sold out and disappear from the site when they are no longer available? Or will some be added?

Im still just over a month away from my trip, and right now im just looking ahead to see if its possible to get from bilbao > madrid on a sun, and I am only now seeing the 1 train(17:00) for that day when I previously thought I saw 2 trains(12:30)&(17:00) offered that day.

im looking at both feb and march(same month layout) my trip is in march. is travel not suggested on sundays??

I dont wanna get stuck in a situation where I wait too long and then the train I want, for the price I was looking , is gone and im stuck paying a lot more for a diff train or having to get a hotel for the night when I didnt originally intend to. this applies to my madrid > barcelona leg as well as Valencia > San Sebastian. Im hoping to have some flexibility

Thoughts:?

Posted by
49 posts

I don’t have the answer but I’m feeling your pain as our travel is for mid March and neither Renfe or Loco2 show trains going on the routes we need. I did reach out to Loco2 a few weeks ago and was told that the tickets are not yet available which makes me wonder about the goeuro site.

Posted by
49 posts

I just found and purchased my train tickets for March on the Renfe website. I used PayPal to pay and it was very simple! Hope you find yours as wel :)

Posted by
79 posts

If it's just schedules you want, go to Deutsche Bahn: www.bahn.de. It's the German site, but it has schedules for train service in all of Europe and way into the former Soviet Union. You can choose to view it in many languages.

Posted by
19 posts

I've been in the same boat, trying to get AVE tickets on loco2 for a trip in early April. They must have opened up a large block of dates as I was able to purchase them last night.