Please sign in to post.

Train from Seville to Granada

Heading from Seville to Granada on March 21...does anyone know if the train is now running direct to Granada or will we (2) have to take a bus? If bus...what bus and should we prepurchase tickets? Spending 2 nights in Granada. Thanks!

Posted by
27111 posts

Trains should be running. For some reason I don't see schedules for the Saturdays in March on the Renfe website, but in February there's a departure at 10:45 AM with a change in Cordoba. Total travel time is 2 hr. 25 min. The next-fastest connection (also via Cordoba) departs at 2:58 PM and takes 2 hr. 54 min. There are other options but they are somewhat slower.

Use Sevilla Santa Justa as your origin when checking rail schedules to Granada.

Posted by
170 posts

The express trains were running in January when I was there although there was a difference on Friday Saturday Sunday versus other days. Don't know if it will be the same in March. Check both RENFE and Raileurope ( the British website at raileurope.co.uk showed me different availability than the raileurope.com website.) and as everyone says the availability doesn't show up until four or five weeks ahead of time. Good luck!

Posted by
695 posts

Both trains and buses are comfortable, clean, and easy. Bus is a little cheaper; train is a little faster.

Take whichever matches up to your desired schedule.

Posted by
1603 posts

If you have to change trains in Cordoba, then the bus might be more convenient. We used ALSA bus twice on our trip in 2017: from Cordoba to Granada, and then from Granada to Malaga. The bus is clean, modern, comfortable, and air conditioned. I highly recommend ALSA bus if the schedule works for you.