Please sign in to post.

Tournights

Has anyone rented from Tournights in Barcelona, as The sight is pretty vague, and I have read a few bad reviews about no permits, and bad experiences.

Posted by
16894 posts

Rented what? I guess this is for apartments, but their web site is not even clear on that. They refer to Rick's recommendation, but I have not found them in our current Spain guidebook. Bottom line, our actual recommendations are in the book and www.cross-pollinate.com is a good source for apartments, serving selected cities, including Barcelona.

Posted by
3 posts

Laura,
If you look at Steve's book Snapshot, page 83, listed under Apartments in Barceloneta is a company called
1001 Nights in Barcelona run by an American Frederick. It is now called Tournights, and Fredrick is still the contact.
I am not getting any permit information from him on a rental for an apartment, and i wondered if anyone else has used
this service. I am reading that you must have a permit/license to rent out apartments in Barcelona, and it is very
hard to find legitimate rentals. Any information on this?

Posted by
2942 posts

... there are almost 50.000 legitimate tourist apartments, don't you go saying "I can't find". Most apartments announced thru the main portals (namely airbnb and the lot) are legitimate and they show the HUTB number. Examples:

... and this is just a random Google search!

The Official Guide to Tourism Establishments where one can check the HUTBs is here.

Posted by
16894 posts

Thanks for pointing me to that listing. I see they are in the Barcelona city book, too, but not the bigger Spain book. I don't have any feedback on their service.

Posted by
2942 posts

Privacy reply?... my only reply to your question is here above, in the public forum. And I'm responding to your assertion "...I am reading that you must have a permit/license to rent out apartments in Barcelona, and it is very hard to find legitimate rentals...". I don't see it rude at all, but sorry if you felt otherwise.