Please sign in to post.

Tour Companies

Just doing some research on day tours from Malaga to Granada (including Alhambra), Malaga to Gibraltar and Madrid to Toledo for the June timeframe. Seems like there are a million different companies to choose from and price points. Can anyone recommend some reliable companies they have booked tours through that they'd recommend I research? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
3256 posts

We took four day tours with Spanish Trails in October 2017 - one from Madrid and three from Barcelona. All of their tours include lunch with wine or beer. They were very responsive to our emails prior to the trip and I would gladly use them again. Two of our guides were British ex-pats and the other two were Spanish who spoke excellent English - all of them were wonderful.

http://spanish-trails.com/mad/

Posted by
27206 posts

I haven't taken any tours in Andalucía, but for your Granada trip, pay attention to the details of what is covered at the Alhambra. Be sure you get to the Nasrid Palace. I recently encountered some online comments about a company (whose name I have forgotten) that markets visits that do not include the N.P.

You really don't need to take a tour from Madrid to Toledo. You can travel there easily by train, then hop on a bus (or take a taxi) up to the large historic district. Round-trip train fare is very reasonable at less than 11 euros, and the trip takes 33 minutes each way.