Please sign in to post.

Tickets for the Alhambra

Any suggestions to what ticket I should by for The Alhambra. There is also tickets for the Dobla de Ora which also includes the Alhambra I think. But I couldn't find any info in my Rick Steves book. We will be in Granada for 5 days right after Christmas. Any day trips suggestions also.

Posted by
4574 posts

Look down the list of topics for Spain and you will see a new topic of mine about new ticketing system for Alhambra. (I can't seem to copy in the link) Ticketing is no longer via TicketMaster, and december tickets are now up for sale.
If you use the link in my post, it takes you to the sales page and each ticket type is described. Most buy tue General ticket. dobla de Oro gives you all the general ticket as well as other buildings in Granada.You have three consecutive days to use the Dobla de Oro tickets for the non-Alhambra visits.

Posted by
1 posts

Effective October 1st 2017 advanced purchase general admission tickets for the Alhambra in Granada Spain are through a new website
( https://tickets.alhambra-patronato.es/en/ ).

I have tried for several weeks to purchase 3 tickets for 2 Jan 2018 at 11:00 or so without success.
Every time I try I get to the final submit payment and press submit I get an error message indicating that the transaction cannot be completed.

I called the number on the error message and they indicated that there have been some bugs with the new system and that US credit
cards were not yet able to be accepted.
The person indicated that a fix was coming on or about 16 October.
I tried again recently several times and still get the same error message.

I am noticing that the time slots available for 2 JAN ( the only date we will have to see the Alhambra) are filling up quickly and fear that
we will be shut out and unable to purchase tickets.

Can anyone help clarify when a fix is coming and what I can do to obtain tickets?

Thanks,

Bob, Boston MA

Posted by
4574 posts

Bob, I wonder if you can get Verified by Visa added to your card? Mine worked first time every time.

Posted by
7314 posts

Bob, do you have the option to use Paypal vs. a credit card on their site? I used Paypal for all of our Spain train tickets through Renfe.

Posted by
281 posts

Paypal is the way to go on all Spanish ticket sites. Visited the Alhambra today through the pouring rain. Amazing just in the vast size of the place. We got lost to the Palacio Naries and were late. They allowed us in anyway by going to the head of the line. Otherwise they are pretty strict about entry. They have check points everywhere. Make sure you visit the General Life. It's worth it.

Posted by
111 posts

Bob, I had to try multiple credit cards and my debit card finally worked. We are going Dec. 26th and almost all the time slots were filled. I would try calling if you still don't have any luck online. I was totally horrified when I realized the tickets had gone on sale before the 3 months in advance timeline!

Posted by
111 posts

I bought my tickets on ticket master for December 26th. Is that going to be a problem now that there is a new system?