Please sign in to post.

The Alhambra

I’m hoping to get a clear idea of how to plan my day. I was able to get a 6pm time for the Palacios Nazaries for my general ticket on October 1. I booked way later than I should have. Since it’s so late (We will only have 2 hours to visit that portion of The Alhambra), I’m assuming it’s OK to start with the other sites within the complex first and end at the PN at our designated time, right? If we arrived around 2pm, is 4 hours for seeing everything else enough (with a snack break)?

Thanks!

Posted by
1011 posts

We were in Granada early October last year. It takes about 3 hours to visit the Alhambra, so your 4 hour plan with a snack is a good fit. We had our break a the Parador in the Alhambra. It is a lovely restaurant, nice patio is a quiet and serene location. It is a little on the pricey side, but a treat.

There are two things that made our visit more memorable: using the Alhambra app and reading the Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving.

Have a great visit.
Sandy

Posted by
7024 posts

Yes you can arrive early and wander the grounds and gardens. If it’s your first time there, then I’d plan on at least 4 hour hours to see everything. On my first visit there, I remember being overwhelmed by the beauty of the PN, so you may use every minute available to see it. In addition to the Parador for getting a snack, there is Hotel America that has a nice covered patio where you can get lunch. It is between the complex and the Parador.