Please sign in to post.

Tapas Tours

Okay, time to focus on food in Madrid and Barcelona! Looking for recommendations from RECENT travel in Madrid and Barcelona when we visit in mid September. In each city we'd love to sample tapas via a tour. We like small groups, simple walking tour and hopefully not too late at night. I believe I read about a tour that combines a Flamenco show with tapas? Would love to advance book and check this off my "to do" list. Share thoughts por favor y gracias!

We just returned from Spain and did not do any organized tapas tours. However, I watched quite a bit of the Spain Revealed Youtube channel and followed some of the suggestions that the host provides. I believe he also has a tapas tour company called Devour Tours and his wife specializes in the flamenco tablas in Madrid.

Here is a video about a great street that we ran out of time to see, unfortunately!

https://youtu.be/OvzC1O4rYps

We did not experience a free tapa with a drink order in Madrid. The drinks and food have to be ordered separately but that was not the case in Granada. I think that concept is lost in the bigger cities. Our favorite night was when we hopped from tapas bar to tapas bar. That was a lot of fun!

Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
330 posts

You could do your own tour on Calle Cava Baja in Madrid, a street loaded with tapas bars.

Posted by
37 posts

Another vote for Spain Revealed on YouTube. James has been posting new videos recently.