Please sign in to post.

Suggestions for solo November 2019 trip

Hola amigos
I'm still deciding on my itinerary, and as I research more, I find lot of unpopular tourist destinations, which I have to visit. Right now I'm debating whether Nerja is a must visit place around Granada. I'm keeping one day for Alhambra and the Cathedral, and for walking around the town. One day I'm visiting to Alpujarras (probably taking a tour, because I'm skeptical about renting a car). The third day I was thinking whether I should go to Nerja for half a day, because I'm really restricted on days and Caminito Del Rey is a must visit for me, and looks like reaching that place without a car could be a hassle.
Any idea how to go from Granada to Caminito Del Rey and then to Ronda?
Also, i'm skipping Malaga, because after reading reviews online, I think Sevilla is a must visit.

P.S. Anybody is welcome to join this trip.
Dates for now: Nov 14 (leaving US) - Dec 1 (back at US)

Thanks

Posted by
15576 posts

I haven't been to Nerja, but I quite liked Malaga. Sevilla and Cordoba, along with the Alhambra, are the gems of Andalucia.

Posted by
1292 posts

Given your limited time, I think Nerja is entirely skippable. There are better options if you wanted to go to the seaside (even if Nerja has solved it's sewage problem by the time you arrive). In any case, without a car I don't think you can really do a half-day trip since the coach service alone (Alsa), is about 2 hours each way.

I'm sure you'll love the Alpujarras. I'm surprised the area isn't mentioned more often on here - at least compared to the many comments on the western white villages of Andalucia which seem to get all the limelight.

Granada to Camino del Rey to Ronda would be best by car. But if you want to do it by public transport, it is apparently theoretically possible:

http://www.andalucia.com/province/malaga/el-chorro/caminito-del-rey-getting-there

Looks like a bit of a faff though. Have you considered dropping Ronda and going straight to Sevilla?

Posted by
52 posts

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I’m skipping Nerja (only regret being not seeing the spanish coastline at all, considering Barcelona beaches to be crowded and not that good; but I live in Florida. So no complaints 😎)
That’s the problem with public transport, I’m literally wasting half days travelling. I drive regularly in US but I have heard that drivers could be aggressive in Spain, I’m definitely not driving near the big cities, but is Andalucia comparatively less crowded, and can I drive there?
I couldn’t find much to do in sevilla( can be done in a day unless the vibe of the city itself makes you stay) , and Ronda has nice views !!

Also, I hope November will have nice weather.

Posted by
52 posts

Yes the information I have might be wrong, specially I think all the experiences I have heard are from people who visited in Summer. Thanks for your help Nick !! Really appreciate it.

Posted by
1292 posts

"Also will Appujarras be easy to park and drive??"

Mostly - it's hardly peak season - but it depends where you go of course. Some roads are fairly twisty as you get into the high part. If you prefer an organised tour (and assuming they're still running in November), that's worth considering too.

I know nothing about this website, but it suggests one route. This one starts in Orgiva (the area of Driving Over Lemons fame), so clearly you'd need to get there from Granada first.

http://www.lasalpujarras.co.uk/content/view/32/43/