Please sign in to post.

Spain Itinerary Advice

From Madrid I want to visit Sevilla, Cordoba and Granada. Need to fly out of Sevilla. My first thought was to head straight to Granada for 2 nights. Then 3 nights in Sevilla with a day trip to Cordoba. Does it make more sense to do a stop over in Cordoba on one of the times that I am passing through. RS says that there is luggage storage at the Cordoba bus station. Or....should I add a day and spend 2 nights in each city. Any suggestions? Thanks

Dave, Carmichael, CA

Posted by
12172 posts

Thoughts:

Last I heard there was construction on the rail line before Granada. If they're still doing maintenance, they'll transfer you to coaches for part of the trip. If so, I'd book a bus straight from Madrid to Granada. It's cheaper and will save you time over going part by train and part by bus. Normally they're about the same time but the train can be justified as a more comfortable (if more expensive) option.

A night in Cordoba is worth it. Cordoba lodging is somewhat cheaper than Seville too (but Seville isn't nearly as expensive as Madrid and Barcelona). My preference is to only pay a higher price for lodging when I'm actually touring the city I'm staying in - rather than taking a day trip out of town then rushing back to my higher priced hotel (some believe it's worth it to save packing/unpacking).

I also avoid back tracking, so my preference would be to stop in Cordoba on the way through, stay for a night, then continue on the next morning. Note the bus doesn't take this route between Madrid and Granada, so you will only pass through if you're on a train between the two (or either bus or train between Seville and Madrid).

I don't recall for sure that the Cordoba bus station has luggage storage. If Rick say it does, I'm sure it does. I do know the bus station is right next to the train station, so it's no big deal to walk from one to the other.

Posted by
7175 posts

With 5 nights ...
Granada (2) > Córdoba (1) > Sevilla (2)

With 6 nights ...
Granada (2) > Córdoba (1) > Sevilla (3)