Please sign in to post.

Spain itinerary

My daughter will be teaching English somewhere in the Valencia community this fall (she hasn’t been given her specific location yet). We thought it would be fun to do some traveling first and then end wherever she is placed. We’ve already been to Madrid, Segovia, and Barcelona so I was thinking maybe southern Spain this time?? Northern Spain sounds wonderful too though and Portugal was a thought as well. Any recommendations? TIA!

Posted by
8084 posts

The Basque region is wonderful, but if you start in Valencia, I suggest sticking to the south of Spain.
Key places to see are Seville, Cordoba, Cadiz, Rhonda and Granada.

Posted by
7049 posts

No idea how much time you’re talking about or how you intend to get around, but there are plenty of locations to visit near Valencia without having to go all over Spain. Eastern Andalucía, especially the southern coastal area, isn’t on most U.S. tourists’ radar. Some places to look into are Cartagena, Murcia, Almería, and Alicante. Further inland are Albacete and Cuenca. There are plenty of castles in that area if you like castles and also nature preserves. I’ll let others mention the popular places everybody seems to visit.

Although the places I mentioned don’t have the wow sites of some other places, one is rewarded with fewer tourists and less crowding. Cuenca is the exception with its pedestrian bridge and hanging houses.

Posted by
6 posts

We are somewhat flexible on length of stay. I would say maybe 7-10 days of actual travel (an additional day will account for jet lag). We could do a little longer if we go to Portugal.