Please sign in to post.

Spain Iternary Summer 2023

Hello -
looking for advise guidance and suggestions. I am planning a trip to Spain from US
so far we have decided to do following (Madrid - Barcelona - Seville and maybe 2-3 days in Tangier
Either first stop to Barcelona and then head south towards Madrid and Seville. Is that good? What would be the best way to do this?

looking for suggestions for places to stay to minimize the travel (i.e. locally when in the cities)
Barcelona -4 days
Madrid 3 days
Seville 3 days
Travel between cities best by High Speed Train vs airfare? Also trying to keep inter cities cost to minimal but also comfortable. I am sure I will more questions but hoping this is a good start

Posted by
11126 posts

Skip Tangier and plan a dedicated trip to Morocco focusing on it’s historical cities.
Give the days you have saved for Tangier to the important Spanish cities of Granada and Cordoba.

Posted by
2303 posts

I agree with the others- skip Tangier and add a stop in Granada instead. Fly into Barcelona, then train to Madrid, train to Granada, train/bus to Seville. Then fly out of Seville. Or train to Madrid and fly out of Madrid. Backtracking to Barcelona/Madrid will cost you a day, hotel and transportation costs. If you can fly out of Seville, that would be ideal. There’s an airport in Granada also, so you could switch Seville and Granada if that works better.