Please sign in to post.

spain

hi all, we are planning a trip to spain and hope to visit the following cities...barcelona,granada,malaga?, cordoba, jerez da la frontera and seville..maybe another ?...how many full days needed in those mentioned? which area for hotels??i know that is a lot of questions so thanks for your help. steve

Posted by
3905 posts

To visit the places you mention properly, I'd say between 20-25 nights.

Posted by
6560 posts

Carlos provided a nice ballpark figure. Nobody can say how many days you’ll need in each city since it depends on what you like to do and what you like to see. While I may prefer X days in city A, others might says that’s too many or to few. As for hotels, that’s strictly a personal preference. Once you know what you want to see in each city, try to find a hotel near those places.

The last time we were in Córdoba we stayed at hotel Albucasis in the historic center. In Granada we stayed at the no frills hotel América right at the Alhambra complex. In Barcelona is was Hotel Balmes at C/ de Mallorca, 216. Malaga isn’t a favorite city of mine so we bypass it, and we never spent the night in Jerez. We stayed in nearby Rota where we used to live.

Posted by
1610 posts

We spent 2 nights in Malaga and loved it! I think Malaga is an underrated and under appreciated city. Rick treats Malaga like it’s no more than a transportation hub, but Malaga is so much more than that. The city center is lovely; the walk to the top of the Alcazaba is breath-taking; walk along the seaside promenade and have drinks while watching the sunset. There are tons of small art museums; we visited the Picasso. And a wonderful indoor market: Ataranzas (sp?) Malaga will give you a nice coastal ambience, and is very different, in a good way, from the other places you are visiting.

My suggestions:
Barcelona - 5 or 6 nights
Granada - 2 or 3 nights
Malaga - 2 or 3 nights
Cordoba - 2 or 3 nights
Seville - 4 to 5 nights

Haven’t been to Jerez. You might want to consider Ronda. Haven’t been there but I know a lot of people like it.