Please sign in to post.

Spain beaches

I want to spend 5 nights on either Mallorca, Minorca, or Formentera. Like bikes, beaches, and good food. Not interested in clubs. Meeting our 20 year old daughter who’s doing an internship in Barcelona. Will do some days in city, but desperately in the need of some r and r in the ocean. Just 3 adults traveling, last minute planning, for this July. Plan on flying to the islands to save time. Any suggestions for where to go- stay????

Posted by
2267 posts

I'd cross Formentera off that list. It's super small and offers little more than chilling out on it beach, which gets dispositionally busy with day trippers from Ibiza.

Posted by
1015 posts

Either Majorca or Menorca will be good destinations. There’s more to do in Majorca so I’d go for that as my first choice.

Edited to add: I can see I’ve used the alternative spellings more common in the UK. Anyway, they’re the same islands.

Posted by
363 posts

There is a lovely Airbnb on a semi private beach east of Nerja called Cuartel El Velero, Playa del Canuelo. There are two places to eat both are very good. You can drive down only if you are staying at the beach, There is a 5 night minimum stay, it sleeps 11 I think. J