Please sign in to post.

Spain

I plan to go to Spain after going to rothenburg to see the Christmas market tand then Milan. I will be traveling from DubaI.

What would be the ideal tour plan.

Thanks for any help on this.

With best regards,

Pradeep

Posted by
4574 posts

Spain is huge. You give no details of length of time or interests. Perhaps you can read a guide book and make a short list we can help fine tune for you. Or read some of the numerous trip reports on this forum to get you started with something you would like to do.

Posted by
15589 posts

Well, my ideal plan would be to spend about a week in Barcelona, then 3-4 nights in Valencia, a couple nights in Malaga, then Granada for 3-4 days, including a visit to the mountains. Then rent a car, spend one night in Antequera, then 3 in Ronda exploring the hill towns, maybe an overnight in Arcos or Jerez, then drop the car in Sevilla. 5 nights there, then 2-3 nights in Cordoba, an overnight in Toledo and finally some time in Madrid, how much would depend on how much time you want to spend at the art museums.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks very much for the quick comments.
Let me do some home work and look at the
options thereafter,

Best regards,

Pradeep

Posted by
7175 posts

“I plan to go to Spain ... What would be the ideal tour plan?”

1) How many nights do you plan to spend?
2) Time of year?
3) Arrival city, and means?
4) Departure city, and means?
5) Any must see sights?

Posted by
35 posts

The independence issue in Barcelona has put a spoke in the works
Originally I planned to
Arrive January 8 2018 Barcelona

Depart January 11 to Madrid

Depart January 15 to Seville

I may have to change plans and go to Madrid first as cannot take a chance

Spain is too big, you should first choose where you want to go, and then check the dates and prices for flights and accommodations. From my personal experience, I would recommend Barcelona, Northern Spain (Galicia, Pais Vasco) or Southern Spain (Seville, Granada)