Please sign in to post.

Spain apartments

Our family of four will be traveling in Spain this summer and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for apartment stays in Madrid and Barcelona. Not too worried about prices, but would like central location --close to metro stations or with sights within fairly good walking distance. Hoping someone has had some good experiences with apartment stays in Madrid and Barcelona and can pass along recommendations. We will also be looking at airbnb as well as vrbo.

Thank you in advance
Helen

Posted by
795 posts

Helen, we have been renting apartments and houses worldwide from Homeaway for many years. They offer protection guarantees to protect you in case you need to cancel. They have some nice places in Barcelona and Madrid. Here are some we've liked.

Barcelona:
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p601994a
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p614011a
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p414824vb

Madrid:
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p422066
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1176081
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1176100

Homeaway owns VRBO. Homeaway was on Forbes' Most Trusted Companies list for 2014. It is a great company to do business with. So much so, I have made a board for it on Pinterest.

Posted by
355 posts

I rented from Spain Select a couple of years ago in Madrid and was very pleased. They also have apartments in Barcelona. You might want to check out their website. I have also used Home Away, VRBO, Spain Holiday and Friendly Rentals (even though reviews are mixed, I had a good experience with them). Both Madrid and Barcelona have many, many vacation rentals so it should be easy to find apartments. You might also look at reviews on Slow Travel.