Please sign in to post.

Southern Spain

I am flying into Alicante and have a return ticket out of Sevilla. I have about 10 days (possibly longer) and I’m wondering what kind of itinerary and routes would be best. I know it might not be possible, but I would love to stay at the beach at least a little bit and possibly see Toledo as well. Another question I have is how safe is it for a single woman to travel southern Spain?

Posted by
1498 posts

If you are planning to take the train, you could go from Alicante to Valencia, which has beach Hotels, 1st. You can take a more direct train from there to go to Madrid & Toledo. After that go to Seville. Others may have better ideas. I used to travel solo, and I think that if you proceed in a confident and calm manner and not standout like an obvious tourist, you'll be OK. Don't take too much to carry easily and don't look too rich, LOL. If you are very young, you may get cat calls Just stay in pleasant public places, but avoid really crowded ones (pick pockets). My sister-in-law made the mistake of letting someone know that she had just come from a bank. Now that everyone has tap cards we don't have to worry so much. Bon Voyage!