Please sign in to post.

Southern Spain

We are a family of four and will be leaving Granada on 3.28. We will have been traveling Spain for a couple weeks by then and want to give the kids a break for a couple days and stay at a hotel with a pool although not very interested in the touristy beaches of Malaga. Would prefer the somewhere near Ronda or Arcos where we can do a little pool time and a little cultural time. Would the weather even be warm enough for pools during this time keeping in mind we are from a colder climate and don't need it to be hot but just warm. Any recommendations on a hotel with a pool? We can be flexible on where.

Thanks a ton! Kathleen

Posted by
5579 posts

We stayed in a BnB in Grazelema with a pool. It was very nice and inexpensive, at least when we were there in November. Hosts were incredible. There is a nice view from the pool and common areas for guests to use. Highly Recommend. We enjoyed a walking tour in Grazelema and visited Ronda and Zahara from there. I would think it would be warm enough at that time to swim, but I'd check weather averages. I do not believe the pool was heated, but I also think most in that area wouldn't be. https://www.lamejorana.net/en

Posted by
3592 posts

Just be sure to read the hotel description carefully, or even email them about whether the pool will be open. Many hotels say that their pools are “seasonal,” I.e., open in the warm months. Usually that means from May 1.

Posted by
297 posts

Grazalema is in the mountains at 812 metres above sea level and I would check very carefully if it's likely to be pool weather end March. I wouldn't have thought so. Malaga is likely to be better weather wise and is a vibrant Spanish city of which tourism is only a part. There's the Picasso museum, Thyssen Museum, Alcazaba, Castello, loads of things to do and see so have a look before you dismiss it. https://slowtravelitalyspain.blogspot.com/2019/01/malaga-in-march-day-5-alcazaba.html?m=1
Ronda and Arcos are both beautiful too....but further inland.

Posted by
7811 posts

I would not think Malaga beaches would be that touristy as the water is too cold still in March

Posted by
6507 posts

The Parador in Ronda has a pool. I’m not certain if the pool is open the time of year you’re going, or if the Parador has a room for 4. It is right on the main street in Ronda, right at the 1793 new bridge.

Posted by
5579 posts

I can't vouch for what people consider pool weather, but I do know the pool is open year round at La Mejorana.

Posted by
15576 posts

If the pool isn't heated, it probably wouldn't be warm enough for more than a very quick dip. Low temps are likely to be in the 40's so even if the water warms up a tad on a warm afternoon, it will be very cold in the morning.