Please sign in to post.

sim card?

Hi I am traveling from US and need a sim card for cellphone. I found that vodafone sells a sim card for travelers (https://www.vodafone.es/c/particulares/es/productos-y-servicios/movil/tourist-in-spain-vf/) and sent an email for questions but I have not heard back for days so I wonder whether anyone who is there or who has recently traveled Spain can help.

1. Does this SIM card also work in Portugal?
  2. Can I extend the days (top up - if so does anyone know the rate)?
  3. How much data will you recommend?

If not vodafone, has anyone bought a sim card from US and successfully used in Spain/Portugal? So far my research tells me that EE, Kpn, and Orange can be a good option (all sold through amazon). Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted by
863 posts

We are using an Alditalk package we picked up as soon as we arrived in Germany. 13 euros for 4GB and 10 euros worth of talk/messages. Check for Aldi or equivalent in Spain. If you have US roaming you can get by with WIFI until you find the SIM.

Google Alditalk...

Posted by
50 posts

I also got a Vodaphone SIM card in Spain and it worked perfectly fine when I was in France and Italy. I think it would also work well in Portugal and other EU countries. I got the 8GB data allocation and at the end of the 15-day trip, I only used half of the data since I was busy touring the whole day and in the evening, I use the WiFi at the hotel.