Please sign in to post.

Seville June 2018

Hello,

I'm planning a 14-day itinerary for my husband, 13 yo daughter and me, and would like to split our time between Seville and a beach-side village or town. If one can be got to via public transport, that would be ideal, but if we need to rent a car we will. I think we'll be flying into (and maybe out of) Madrid and taking the train to Seville. We'll spend 2 nights in MAD on either end of the trip. Itinerary recommendations welcome! Thanks so much!

Posted by
27212 posts

I can't help on the beach question, but I'm sure others will have some good suggestions for you.

However, I want to be sure you've looked at the weather situation in Seville. The heat can be brutal in Andalucia at that time of year. From wunderground.com, here are webpages where you can find a temperature graph for June 2017, 2016 and 2015. You can go back additional years if you like.

June 2017
June 2016
June 2015

Posted by
6613 posts

Not certain how far you want the beach area/town to be from Sevilla. Before I mention locations, any beach location along the southern coast will be loaded with tourists from late May through mid September. Rota is a nice town and very near Cadiz, Jerez, and Puerto de Santa Maria. So one can make day trips from it. There is a ferry that runs between Rota and Cadiz. A couple nice hotels are Playa de la Luz (just outside of town) and Duque de Najera (right in town). Last time I was there it was a favorite destination for Germans on vacation. Further up the coast on the Costa del Sol is Fuengirola, Marbella, and Torremolinos. Those beaches are full of British ex-pats and are more UK than Spanish. Even further up the coast, past Malaga, are Nerja, Salobrena, and Motril.

Posted by
4574 posts

If any coast town is near Malaga, look at flying back from there as it is a major flight hub for North America (in season).