Please sign in to post.

Seville - Hotel Alcantara or Hotel Murillo?

Spending four nights in Seville and considering either Hotel Alcantara or Hotel Murillo. Any recommendations and/or warnings in helping my wife and I choose between these two? Or, something else much better in the same price range and in a central location?

Posted by
5214 posts

Gregory,

I'm not familiar with either of the hotels you mention, but when I checked their location (on google maps) they appear to be in Barrio Santa Cruz (recommended by Rick Steves') and within walking distance of the Royal Alcázar & the cathedral.

You may want to read reviews about the hotels in question on tripadvisor.

You don't mention your budget, or when you will be visiting Sevilla.

We stayed in 2 hotels in Sevilla and recommend them both:

• Hotel Amadeus-- quaint, clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff, and has elevator.

• Hotel Fernando III-- modern, clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff, & also has elevator.

We didn't eat breakfast at either of these hotels as there are various cafes nearby.

We had wanted to stay in Hotel Amadeus for the 5 nights we spent in Sevilla, but they could only accommodate us for 4 nights (apparently, Rick Steves' tour group takes over the whole hotel!). Hotel Fernando III is only a few steps from the Amadeus, so it was easy to relocate.

Enjoy Spain!

Posted by
2745 posts

I have stayed in the Alcantara, it's been a while, but I have decided to go back. I had no issues last time and think I will be fine. It was considerably cheaper then the other hotels mentioned in this thread. Not as themed, but it was clean and in a great location.

Posted by
5214 posts

Carol,

I did not say that I didn't like the location of the hotels in question.

If you re-read my response, I said that both of the hotels the OP mentioned are in Barrio Santa Cruz, which is a good location, as it's also recommended by RS, and close to the main highlights ( Alcázar & cathedral). The OP requested other recommendation, but I don't know his budget, so I recommended the hotels where we stayed.

Posted by
5214 posts

Carol,

No worries, I've done the same thing!

I just didn't want Gregory to be confused.

Posted by
472 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Fernando III on two different trips. The rooftop pool made all the difference for us due to the daytime heat. Never ate there as there are so many options within a 5 minute walk. Great hotel!