Please sign in to post.

Seville April Fair 2022

We will be in Barcelona in late April and were originally planning to go to Madrid and eventually depart from there. We heard about the April Fair and are considering spending a few days in Seville to attend the Fair and sightsee before going on to Madrid for 3-4 days. The window for Seville would be April 30-May2. I am having trouble finding the exact times and events of the Fair. Could anyone help me? Thank you very much in advance.

Posted by
16028 posts

I cannot find an official website for the Feria de Abril, but all the sites I find all say May 1-7, 2022.

https://www.carnifest.com/la-feria-de-abril-seville-spring-fair-2022/

Your dates would be perfect, because you can visit the fairgrounds the day before the official opening and see some of the setup and people just having fun without any of the formalities. Then return on the opening day to see the spectacle. We did not visit any of the tents; we just enjoyed the scene outside, with the horses and finery on parade, and the celebratory community spirit.

Posted by
806 posts

I was stationed in Rota in the 90s and I went to the feria my 1st year there (had been in the country maybe 2 weeks at that point) and it is SUCH a different world... the women in their Flamenco dress, the Casetas where families have decamped to, all was amazing! I wish I'd've gotten to go to Sevilla for theirs, or even Cadiz, but Rota's was amazing! Enjoy!

Posted by
6386 posts

I found the same dates as Lola found. Spain.info has some information on it. On that page is an email address you can request information from. There’s a little bit of history of the Féria on the Visit Sevilla site. As the fair draws closer, I’m certain the daily activities will be published in one of the local papers such as ABC Sevilla

If you wanted to go to a bullfight during the festival, you can buy tickets in advance. Bullfights are not for everybody.