Please sign in to post.

Seville - Apartment

I'm planning on 5 nights in Seville in February. Looking for an apartment to reduce food costs in the $100 or less range. Would like a central location, clean, and a comfortable/soft bed. So, do any fellow budget travelers have recommendations from places they have stayed?

I did see "Apartamentos "El Escondite de María, Calle Doña María Coronel, 19, Old Town" and wondered if this was considered a good location.

Thanks

Posted by
5581 posts

Sorry, don't have apartment suggestions, just unsolicited advice. ;) Food and restaurants are relatively cheap in Sevilla. We stayed at a hotel which we felt was an excellent value with breakfast included. With an included breakfast and a picnic style lunch or supper, means you could eat only one meal out a day. We had a great time doing tapas for meals.

We loved Sevilla, I hope you have a great trip.

Posted by
1078 posts

Thanks Jules. Curious, which hotel did you stay at?

Posted by
5581 posts

El Rey Moro. Right in the middle of the old town, walking distance of everything, including 10 minutes to cathedral and alcazar. The breakfast was excellent, coffee and eggs made fresh to order and a substantial buffet. El Rey Moro has tons of that "local charm" that folks talk about, all the rooms arranged around a pretty courtyard. Its been a good 5 years but I don't think we paid more than 50 euro. I believe its in the Rick Steves guide, or at least was.

Posted by
5581 posts

Wow, Gail, I just looked up El Rey Moro. The price has about tripled. Yikes. We were there in November so a cheaper time period, but I 'm just super surprised. . . .

Posted by
1078 posts

I've noticed that prices have seemed to have gone up since the last time I looked at Spain, 1 year ago. And I'm noticing that breakfast seems to cost an additional 12-15 dollars when normally it's included. Oh, and give all the unsolicited advice you like:)

Posted by
5581 posts

Gail, I'm just stunned, actually. I also went and looked at the place I stayed at in Granada, and it is also much more expensive. I don't even know what to suggest.

Posted by
2267 posts

I stayed here for 6 nights in November, and thought it was great. I was solo for 4 nights, and my boyfriend was with me for two. The 17th-century building was built as a theater. At the north end of the city's compact ‘center’, about 10 minutes walking to the cathedral, the location is lively and local, while the apartment is pin-drop quiet.

Two notes: the apartment doesn’t have a whole lot of natural light. And it’s up two flights of stairs.

https://abnb.me/Eic3EWCtwBb

Posted by
259 posts

Gail, we stayed for 4 nights at a very good apartment in Seville last September. It was very hot & humid, so we went out in mornings (to see the sights) and evenings ( to dine and 'posada'), staying inside afternoons. Thankfully, the A/C was effective. The apartment is on VRBO listed as "Plaza Encarnacion Apartment, Luxury Center Seville." Just checked and rates for next Feb are about $90 a night. Location is great - between the Plaza shopping area and Cathedral/Alcazar area with good local restaurants and shops.