Please sign in to post.

Seville

Traveling to Seville. Will use Sevillr as a home base for 2 weeks. We have a car. Any suggestions where to travel to from Seville? We are going to Malaga fir a golf tournament and 1 overnight. Thank you.

I do have Rick's travel guides for Spain and Portugal.

Thank you.

Posted by
4390 posts

What's on your list so far? Knowing your interests will help encourage suggestions. For example, are you outdoorsy?
A lot of the ideas that spring to mind are easier by train (Cordoba, Jerez, Cadiz day trips)--are you looking for things that are specifically better by car?

Posted by
27122 posts

Visiting some of the white villages would be a good use of a car in that area, though it would probably be helpful to spend one night away from Seville in the process.

Cordoba is the classic day trip from Seville, though it's worth an overnight or two, or three. That trip will be considerably faster by train.

Carmona's a good day trip. Perfectly doable by bus but I assume faster by car.

Do you have to spend all two weeks (except for the night in Malaga) in Seville? Andalucia's very large, and staying in just one city really ties you down. It's a shame to have that much time and miss Granada and Cadiz.

Edited to add: ViaMichelin estimates the driving time to Cadiz at just under 1-1/2 hours, so I guess that's not an impossible day-trip destination by car.

Posted by
2 posts

We have a car, but looking into trains would be OK.

We have an apartment in Seville for 11 nights, but could travel and do an overnight somewhere like we are doing in Malaga.

Not interested in going too far, ie to Madrid as an example.

Posted by
4390 posts

The more detail you can provide, the better input you'll get. Otherwise, why not just peruse the Rough Guide to Andalucia--it is full of detail.

Posted by
6548 posts

Itálica is close by. Jerez de la Frontera is a hour away while Cádiz is slightly further. Into Extremadura are Zafra and Mérida and some castles. Southwest of Sevilla is El Rocio and Doñana national park. Faro, Portugal is a couple hours away. Cáceres, Trujillo, and Guadalupe are each about 3 hours away; possibly too far for a day trip. It really depends on what you want to see and how far you want to drive.

Posted by
16 posts

You could drive to Gibraltar. That was one place I looked into as a day trip from Sevilla. I don't have a car and taking the bus would take too long to get there, so can't do that myself. The town is covered in the RS Spain book so you can read up on it.

Posted by
27122 posts

With that much time and a willingness to spend a night or two away from Seville, I'd definitely want to go to Granada. It would be a bit faster by train, and that would eliminate parking concerns in Granada. However, if you were willing to spend several sequential nights away from Seville, you could combine Granada with stops in Ronda and a few of the white villages. The town of Priego de Cordoba is also nice.