Please sign in to post.

Sevilla to Lisbon

Taking a Rick Steves Tour of Spain, and will end in Sevilla. Will go to Lisbon for three days, to end our trip. Looking at trains from Sevilla to Lisbon. Is it worth the time to take the train? We don't mind spending time on the train, as long as the trip is interesting. If you took the train, how long did it take? Looks like a northern route and a southern route.

Posted by
1292 posts

What train route are you considering? I'd expect its very long, perhaps going via Madrid? I don't think there is a practical railway route. Personally, I'd fly by TAP. But if you're planning to do this over a couple of days, you can take a coach from Sevilla to the Algarve, e.g. Lagos, and then a train north.

Posted by
9 posts

The route I was looking at was Sevilla west to Algarve, then north to Lisbon. Looking at a train schedule, I think it said 10-13 hours??
That's why I'm asking.
Thanks

Posted by
1292 posts

To be clearer. There is no rail route between Sevilla and the Algarve or Lisbon. You can, as I wrote before, take a bus from Sevilla (fairly quick, under 3 hours), and then head north once in Portugal. Or you can fly direct. But you cannot do this by train unless you take a very convoluted route that will, indeed take many, many hours.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you. Someone else gave me a site "Rome2Rio" that clarified what you are saying. An excellent app, by the way. Again, thanks for your help. We'll be flying.