Please sign in to post.

Sevilla

Anyone have some hotel recommendations for Sevilla

I’ve looked at travel sites but would like to hear some input

We will be there in February. Price range up to $140 a night. There are a lot of good deals in February.

We are thinking staying around 5 or 6 nights and doing some day trips.

Great location. Comfortable room, not too small and not musty. Workout facilities on site or near by is a plus. Fun bar is also a plus

Posted by
6532 posts

We stayed at Hotel Amadeus. It’s about a 5 minutes walk from the cathedral, Giralda Tower, and Alcazar.

Posted by
2455 posts

Also stayed at and very much enjoyed Hotel Amadeus. Can’t remember if they had an exercise room, but they sure did have a lot of musical instruments around.

Posted by
15582 posts

I've stayed at the Amadeus on all 3 of my visits. Wonderful and great location. But they are popular so check now - they are often full, even in low season. They have a roof-top bar with good views, but in February the bar hours may be curtailed and/or empty, the rooftop is always open. There are plenty of cafes and bars within a 5-minute walk. The rooms have vintage furniture while the bathrooms are modern.

Posted by
5581 posts

Actually, that's a huge budget for Sevilla! We just stayed at El Rey Moro. It was something like 55euro. Its in the Rick Steves' guide. LOVED IT. It is charming with a beautiful courtyard. The breakfast was wonderful. The location can't be beat. Its about a 5 minute walk to the Alcazar and the cathedral. Its in the Jewish quarter so its great for exploring.

Posted by
3245 posts

In 2017, we stayed at the Becquer Hotel on Reyes Catolicos, and I think it checks all your boxes. We didn't get one of the more expensive rooms, but it was still quite roomy. The bathroom was ginormous.

I couldn't get a room at the Amadeus.

https://www.hotelbecquer.com/en/

Posted by
27 posts

Thanks for all the recommendations. Most of the hotels I have been looking at average lever $100 a
Night, even in February. Sevilla must be popular!

Do you think 5 or 6 nights is a good amount of time in Sevilla. The plan is 3 nights in Barcelona, 3 nights in Granada, 2 or 3 nights in Ronda and then 5 or 6 nights in Sevilla with a couple day trips?

Thanks

Posted by
5581 posts

You have a nice amount of time. I would spend more time in Barcelona. I think 3-4 days is great for Sevilla and 2 days enough for Granada. Barcelona is a very large, wonderful city with many amazing options. If you are planning a day trip from Sevilla to Cordoba, I'd highly recommend spending more time in Cordoba by spending a night or two. Cordoba is a wonderful little city with so much more than the Mezquita

Posted by
15582 posts

Do you think 5 or 6 nights is a good amount of time in Sevilla. The plan is 3 nights in Barcelona, 3 nights in Granada, 2 or 3 nights in Ronda and then 5 or 6 nights in Sevilla with a couple day trips?

I think 3N in Barcelona is far from enough, 2N in Granada. I would only spend more than 1 day in Ronda if I had a car and took day trips, then definitely 3N. I love Cordoba and think that people who only day-trip there are missing a lot.

Day trips from Sevilla -
Jerez - horse show at the Royal Equestrian School (only 2-3 times a week), one or more sherry bodega tours (Tio Pepe is the most fun), cathedral. Train is about 1 hour
Arcos - lovely hill town. Do the RS walking tour. Train to Jerez, then bus (45 min).
Cadiz - Atlantic coast, pretty beaches, interesting old town, very walkable.

Posted by
27 posts

Hi Chani

Do you have a recommendation on what company to use for day trips from Seville or would you suggest that we do it on our own?

Posted by
15582 posts

It depends to some extent on where you want to go. Jerez - definitely on your own, but take a taxi to/from the horse show, it's a bit far from the center. The cathedral is about 20-25 minutes walk from the train station. Arcos - with a private guide and car you'll save time and be more comfortable and probably get more out of the visit. Cadiz is a straightforward train trip from SEvilla. It's a short walk from the station to the center, not much farther to the beach. The TI in the center has lots of info. You might want a guide once you get there to enrich your visit, but you can see it all on your own.