Please sign in to post.

September 30, 2019 Spain Tour followed by cruise

We are considering the Spain Tour and are thinking it might be nice to follow the tour with a cruise. Has anyone done this and would you share specifics? Last September we took the RS tour of Greece and it was wonderful. We followed that with visiting Santorini and Naxos on our own... also terrific! We think a cruise of some type might be a nice follow up to the Spain Tour this coming year.... thanks for any thoughts on this.

Posted by
768 posts

What is the Spain Tour (Rick Steves or other)? How many days is the tour and where does it go? How much total time (possibly additional time to that of the tour) did you plan to spend in Spain? Where do you desire to visit on a cruise?

My wife and I are making final arrangements for a DIY visit to Spain, beginning October 17 through October 26, then flying to Lisbon for 2 nights before boarding a Trans-Atlantic cruise to the US. For us (both pensioners) the timing was great; summer crowds would be subsiding, weather would be pleasant, and it worked great for the cruise. If any of this is of interest, note such on this thread and I'll send you a PM with more details. We're not big on tours as we want to visit where we want to visit and for as long (or short) a time as we want, not what the tour dictates; but to take an organized tour or not is, like most things, a personal choice.

Posted by
11294 posts

Logistically, this is easy. Many Mediterranean cruises start from Barcelona, so as long as you allow a day or two in between the end of the RS tour and the start of your cruise, and as long as you want a Mediterranean cruise, you're all set.

Alternately, you can take a cruise than ends in Barcelona (again, many do), and then start your RS tour.