Please sign in to post.

Segovia to Toledo

We are traveling for about 10 days to the Madrid area. Does it make sense to travel directly in a day from Segovia to Toledo (or the same trip in the opposite direction) without stopping and staying in Madrid for a night? Would train or bus work best for linking these two legs of travel? Thanks.

Posted by
6977 posts

If going by train you pretty much have to go through Madrid. I have no idea about busses. The quickest way would be a rental car and that would take a couple hours. With a vehicle you could also stop en route for a couple hours in Ávila. That’s about all it takes to see the main sites. If that isn’t of interest, then the Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial or Real Sitio de San Ildefonso are en route. If you enjoy castles, there are plenty in that area. A vehicle would be best for visiting the places I mentioned.

Posted by
4656 posts

If traveling between the two by train, there is a little juggle as the primary station in Madrid for Segovia is not Atocha (though it is for Toledo). There is a connection between Atocha and Segovia but it requires a transfer, or the slow (and very scenic) route that uses a secondary train station in Segovia.
Rome2Rio may show the options better, but it should ge feasible to do in one trip and something I would be open to considering. I think it's efficient use of time.