Please sign in to post.

Sagrada Familia tickets

I will be in Barcelona April 20 to 23 2017. I want to go to Sagrada Familia on Friday April 21. Should I get tickets online or when I get there?

Posted by
7861 posts

Buy them online. I showed up one time without a ticket and could not get in. and ended up buying online a day before.
The line is always long except when it is raining.

Posted by
380 posts

I would also suggest, if your schedule permits, to buy the first entry which I think is 9:00 am. Go line up at 8:30 am.
Rent an audio guide as soon as you get in. We found the audio guide gave us sufficient information.

You'll be almost done by the time the tour buses come rolling up around 10:00. It is much more enjoyable without the crowds.
Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy.

Posted by
27138 posts

The first entry time is rather popular (the word is out that the crowds build up as the day wears on), so don't leave it too late to get the tickets if you decide you definitely want that time. It's possible that the week after Easter will be a bit busier than usual. If you want to ascend one of the towers, that's a separate entry time/extra cost. Someone here suggested (and it seems logical to me) getting the tower ticket for about an hour after the church ticket. If you don't quite finish seeing the church before you have to see the tower, you can finish with the church (and the museum and the shop) afterward.

Posted by
98 posts

Can someone tell me what website to purchase tickets on? I am traveling in june. Sagradafamilia.org (which I assume is the direct website) has been down. Are there websites that are better than others to book on? Also, what ticket should I purchase if I want to experience everything there and is it better to go with a guide or just do audio with headsets? How long shall I plan to be here? (average)

Posted by
7861 posts

by at the official website
http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/

You might want a guided tour by a live person or a audio tour those are the options. people have different preferences choose one.
Then you can pay an additional 6 euros if you want to go into the tower. This comes automatically with an optional audio tour.

Posted by
208 posts

To add to this question (I am not the OP of this thread, but I will be there in October) -- does anyone have any recommendation regarding which tower to choose? The Nativity vs the Passion?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Vivian

Posted by
2942 posts

Sagrada Família, much like a bunch of other sites in the city (ie Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, etc), works mostly on pre-booking at time-based slots. It's quite risky (and irresponsible I should add) to leave it to luck and try to purchase the tickets on the same day at the booths on-site. In fact, I'm willing to pay a beer to anyone here that can prove me they've been successful on that, especially in special weeks, like now Easter :)))

And if you have pre-booked, then it doesn't matter how many people is queuing when you get there... at your assigned time you'll be able to enter along everybody else that bought tickets for that slot. There's a maximum capacity of 2000 visitors at any time. There's no need to worry about that, just get there 10'-15' before the time of the reservation and get in the line to enter the temple (not the one queueing for the booths!). This line moves very quickly.

As per how in advance to pre-book, a couple of days is normally enough -especially if you can be flexible on the time- but on certain dates (ie now in Easter!) you might need to pre-book earlier. As an example, now is Mon 10th 6pm, should I try to pre-book now, the earliest seems to be on the 13th at 1:45pm.

Enjoy!