Please sign in to post.

Sagrada familia tickets

I will be in Barcelona this week (1-3 Nov, Wednesday to Friday) and want to visit sagrada familia. Online tickets are sold out both through official and third party booking sites.

Can you could buy tickets at this door? Are there any street vendors?

Posted by
27122 posts

In the past (my most recent trip was in 2019) I've seen ticket lines at La Sagrada Familia, but they were very long. If you want to try that, I'd suggest showing up way before opening time in hopes of being near the front of the line for buying tickets. Even then, I don't know that you'd get a ticket for immediate entry; it might be for a time-slot several hours later.

Have you checked GetYourGuide? There might be something there.

I don't know about street vendors; if you're traveling solo and only need one ticket, I think it's worth trying. There will almost certainly be a line-minder present after the church opens. You could ask him or her for suggestions. If you're arriving in the city on Oct. 31, stop by the tourist office below Placa de Catalunya and see what they say; it can't hurt.

Posted by
416 posts

Yup, I’d do a guided tour. That’s how we were able to get sold out access to the Academia this summer

And it ended up being a really good tour

Posted by
330 posts

I‘m currently researching Sagrada Familia tickets myself and came across this on the FAQ page.

https://sagradafamilia.org/en/faqs

CAN I BUY TICKETS AT THE BASILICA? You can buy tickets using the
direct purchase QR codes around the Basilica. Availability will be
based on occupancy at the time. However, we recommend downloading the
official app first to get all its benefits and advantages. If you have
any problems purchasing tickets and/or downloading the app, contact
the Booking Management Centre by phone on 931 980 705 or email at
reserves@ext.sagradafamilia.org.

Blockquote

Posted by
18 posts

I have been getting an error page ..."We are having technical difficulties". on the official Sagrada Familia site.
I just now took acraven's suggestion to try GetYourGuide. I should have my ticket in the app in a couple hours.

Posted by
8 posts

So it sounds like you could score a ticket using the QR code at the venue that you couldn’t get online?

Posted by
330 posts

Coralsea77, from what the website says it looks as if you could buy a ticket using the QR code if there is availability.

Availability will be based on occupancy at the time.

Maybe someone who has actually done this will chime in with their experience.

Best of luck to you!

Posted by
27122 posts

It's not uncommon for popular sights to hold back some tickets for sale on-site on the day of visit, but websites don't often state those policies with total clarity, so it's hard to know what the situation is--that is, are there guaranteed to be at least X tickets available for purchase if you're first in line. And of course the policy could change at any time.

Posted by
2942 posts
  • Always buy thru the official sites. For the major sites, there are intermediary sites but you're paying a premium for nothing. Also, there are some scam sites, especially located abroad.
  • Tickets at the door for Sagrada Família?.... I'm still laughing... Theoretically, you could, in practice it is very very unlikely you'll be able to arrive, buy a ticket and get in right away. Over 4 and half million visitors every year make it quite difficult.
  • Street vendors, no there aren't, it's totally illegal
Posted by
8 posts

I’m at the door scanning the QR codes. There are no tickets available.

Which of the Casas is a second best to sagrada? I already have tickets to parc guell.

Posted by
3904 posts

If you could not get the tickets, I'd walk 15 min north of La Sagrada Familia, to Hospital de Sant Pau, a modernist hospital complex now a museum, for sure you will get entry... hardly any foreigners visit.

Many foreigners make the mistake that they can just see Barcelona on the fly, you will be disappointed. You have to have all your activities down and pre booked weeks in advance. Barcelona resembles more a Disneyland attraction park than a real city these days

Posted by
416 posts

Perfect advice, Carlos

Afterwards, I’d try to visit Palau de La Musica Catalana on a tour. Not Gaudi, but it’s a modernisme masterpiece

Batllo is also amazing

Casa Vicens is lightly visited and it’s very close to the Metro stop. That and Batllo are sort of career bookends, Sagrada aside

Posted by
27122 posts

I was disappointed with Casa Vicens, and I've seen just about every building Gaudi designed. There just wasn't as much to see (fewer rooms reconstructed) as at the other sights. The viewing conditions are a lot better; it isn't nearly as popular as the other Gaudi buildings in Barcelona.

Casa Mila/La Pedrera and Casa Batllo are both prime Gaudi. At the time of my 2016 visit, both were extremely crowded (I wondered how the fire marshall felt), but Casa Batllo was a bit worse. It seemed to admit more people in each time block. I have no idea whether that situation still prevails. I'm sure they're both still packing them in.

Palau Guell is an option though not as distinctive as Casa Mila and Casa Batllo. The Palau Guell ticket is probably still easier to acquire. I still wouldn't show up, planning to stand in line, though.

The Sant Pau complex is totally worth visiting (I visited in both 2016 and 2019) but isn't as wackadoodle as the Gaudi buildings. You can, indeed, just walk up and buy a ticket. There are multiple buildings, so it needs a good bit of time.

The Palau de la Musica Catalana is stunning. It's worth walking over there even if you only have time to see the exterior.

Posted by
8 posts

I wandered around outside sagrada for an hour and got tickets for 11am. Had to have fast fingers.

I’m on my way to montjuic now. Anything special to see there?

Posted by
27122 posts

The MNAC is a good art museum. I especially liked the modernism collection (furniture, decorative art, jewelry) and the wonderful frescoes rescued from medieval churches in the Pyrenees.

The Miro Museum is also excellent.

Ther's other stuff on Montjuic, but I focused on those two museums and just walking around.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Enric,

I hope you're well. I want to buy Sagrada Familia tickets for April 22, 2024. The Sagrada Familia website says tickets can be bought about two months before the visit. Is it hard to get tickets for April 24 after February 22?

I also found tickets for April 22 on another site (https://www.sagradafamilia-tickets.org/en/tours/sagrada-familia-by-yourself-ticket-with-audio-guide/) for 38€, while they're 26€ on the official site (https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets-individuals). Is the alternative site a safe place to buy tickets?

Thanks a lot for your help. I've learned a ton from your posts.

Best,
Jinghao

Posted by
2942 posts

Hi Jinghao

Glad you enjoyed my posts :)

Yes, you can get tickets two months before, don't worry.

I wouldn't buy through third-party sites for two reasons, some of them are simply scams, others are legit but they charge an unreasonable premium for something you can do yourself. The "thing" with Barcelona sites is that each one has its official channel and it works quite well, so there's no reason not to buy through them. Besides, at the end of the day, the "source" is the one that everybody will be subjected to, regardless of what other sites sell or say.

Sadly I can't help you with referring to third-party sites as I am not in that business. I wouldn't know whether the one you mention is safe or not. But again, I think you'll be totally fine if you get your tickets for April after Feb 22 through the Sagrada Familia site.

Enjoy!