Please sign in to post.

Sagrada Familia

In addition to buying tickets ahead for a specific time entry for Sagrada Familia would you recommend a tour guide? Or do they offer headsets (for a cost) while there? Wasn't sure if to buy tickets through the museum directly or seek out a tour company which would include both the entry free and a tour guide. Thank you very much for any information.

Posted by
170 posts

Second buying the 9 AM ticket. No need for a tour guide. Pray for a sunny morning. It’s stunning

Posted by
8947 posts

I did the English tour there with their guides. When you buy your ticket, you get the app that allows you to wander around afterwards and get more information.
Arrival at 09:00 meant fewer people inside, stunning photos from the sun streaming through their glorious windows.

Posted by
1 posts

I have heard that in the spring, 5:00/6:00 pm is the best time for the light at Sagrada Familia. Any views yay or neigh?

Posted by
27168 posts

I liked the audio guide. I had a morning entry time, I think the very first. That's helpful if you aren't going to climb a tower, because you walk into the church when there are no holdovers from previous entry times. If you're going to climb a tower, I don't know that there's a huge advantage to the early time, because you'll soon have to go line up at the elevator. Most of your viewing of the lower part of the church will occur after you descend, by which time several more groups will have poured into the church.

The glass was beautiful at the time of my visit, but I can't say whether it was as lovely as it is in the afternoon.