Please sign in to post.

Rick Steves' 2015 books

Does anyone know if Rick will be coming out with a 2015 Snapshot book of Sevilla, Granada and Southern Spain?
Also, a 2015 pocket version of Barcelona? And what, no Madrid book? The Spain book is just too big to carry on our trip plus it covers many areas we will not be seeing. Used his pocket books last year for Italy and they were great. Thanks.

Posted by
10344 posts

It may be that you get your first inside information from the Staff on Monday, on this question.

Posted by
2165 posts

A Madrid book would be nice, as the city books usually cover things more deeply than the country books. But just take out the pages that cover the areas you will be visiting and take those. I generally staple the pages together separately for the different areas we'll be visiting. That's a terrible sentence, but (for example), the pages for Barcelona would be stapled together as a little "book," Madrid pages would be stapled together, and so forth, so that I'd only be carrying those specific sections on the days we were visiting each place.

Posted by
32171 posts

bjd,

If you'll be travelling with an iPad, Kindle or Netbook, you could always download the E-book version of the Spain guidebook, as that would be much easier to carry.

Posted by
16893 posts

When the full Spain book is a more recent edition, as it is now, published just last month, then that is the one I recommend to take. You can easily cut apart the chapters to carry just what you need on any given day.