My husband and I and another couple will be spending 7 nights in Barcelona in February. We've traveled in several other European countries, but this will be our first trip to Spain. We have booked our flights and hotel (it was a package) at the Novotel Barcelona City.
Below is our current plans. Would welcome your review and suggestions for additions and any need changes:
- Tue, Feb 5 - plan arrives at 10:10 AM. Unpack, lunch and siesta. Explore. Only other activity planned is Evening Tapas and Wine Tasting tour from 6:30-9:30 PM that night, to help us stay up and get a good intro to the city.
- Wed, Feb 6 - Ramblas area exploration is all that we have planned thus far.
- Thu, Feb 7 - Montserrat Tour all day (https://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Montserrat-Tour-from-Barcelona-Including-Lunch-and-Wine-Tasting-in-Oller-del-Mas/d562-5716P2)
- Fri, Feb 8 - planning to book a guided tour of Markets with possible cooking class. Recommendations?
- Sat, Feb 9 - morning open thus far. Have tickets to see The Magic Flute opera at 6:30 PM at Palau de la Musica Catalana; plan to arrive early for pre-show Tapas and plan to reserve fine dining for after. (By the way, how formal should we plan to dress that evening?)
- Sun, Feb 10 - see the Sardina dances in the square in front of the Cathedral beginning at 11:15. Other recommendations? Looking for game tickets if there are any matches available.
- Mon, Feb 11 - will book timed tickets to see Sagrada Familia in the morning. Visit Parc Guell in afternoon.
- Tue, Feb 12 - 12:10 PM flight departure.
Other activities we plan to book advanced tickets, but haven't decided what days/times to plan for these:
- Picasso Museum
- La Pedrera (Casa Mila)
In addition, we 'd like to stop by one of the local beaches and see the Mediterranean Sea and see the Museu National d'Art de Catalunya if time.
I'd greatly appreciate all thoughts and suggestions on this schedule and what other things you'd recommend. I have purchased Rick's 2019 Spain book that just was released, as well as his pocket guide to Barcelona.
Suzette (Atlanta, GA)