Please sign in to post.

Returning to Europe

I am planning a trip to Spain and France in late September. I don't really have an itinerary yet, except that we'll be going from Catalonia up into Languedoc. Specific plans will probably be shaped by train schedules and stopping points. I was last in Europe in 2019. My go to site for train travel was always Trainline, particularly when dealing with travel in multiple countries. Still reliable?
Also, how far out can you book trains tickets? Ninety days seems to ring a bell but I'm not sure.
Same question for major sights in Barcelona. How far out can you book tickets?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted by
2942 posts

In late Sept, I'd say a couple of weeks should suffice for pre-booking your tickets in Barcelona. With trains, note that for regional trains (in this case, those within Catalonia), you don't need to pre-book, in fact, for most of them and also the commuting trains, you can't. You purchase the ticket on the spot since there are plenty of trains throughout the day. You only need to pre-book for your train to France, if on a high-speed train (and even then!)

If you share a rough timed itinerary, maybe more specific advice can be provided.