Please sign in to post.

Restaurant recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for restaurants in the following cities in Spain. Looking for good food at reasonable prices for most days but may book a higher priced dinner in some locations.

Conil de la Frontera
Ronda (lunch)
Cordoba
Granada
Madrid
Toledo (lunch)

Posted by
2267 posts

In Granada:

We enjoyed lunch on the vine-covered terrace at the Parador, looking out at the Generalife— a break during our day at the Alhambra.

Dinner at el Trillo was a splurge by Spanish standards, but still a very good value for Americans, and one of the better meals I’ve had in a while.

In Madrid:
I never visit without a meal at La Perijila. Fun, vibrant, good food, good value. Tourists there, but I was introduced to it by locals who are regulars. if there isn’t a table squeeze up to the bar for a vermut and you’ll be seated soon enough.

Posted by
6508 posts

In Madrid we’ve eaten at Los Cuatro Robles, 3º, Pl. de Celenque, 1, twice. Once we had the upstairs dining room to ourselves and in May we were in the downstairs area near the bar. Plenty of locals there and it can get loud. Both times the food and service we good.

Posted by
1600 posts

In Cordoba, I highly recommend Regadera, located at Ronda de Isada 10, on the river bank. One of the best meals of our trip.
I also recommend having lunch or dinner at Mercado Victoria in Cordoba. You purchase food from different stalls and there are tables for dining.

In Granada, I highly recommend El Trillo Restaurant at Calleon Aljibe de Trillo. We dined outside in a very pretty garden. Another highlight meal for us.

For Madrid, a few restaurants we liked are Cerveceria Cervantes on Calle de Jesus, La Dolores at Plaza Jesus 4, and Cerveceria Cruz Blanca at Calle Mayor 68 in Plaza de la Villa.