Please sign in to post.

Rental cars in Spain

We are going to Spain next year and were curious as to weather you can get one way rentals. We will have a car for 3 days from Sevilla to Granada stopping in Ronda

Posted by
5580 posts

I used AutoEurope to go from Sevilla train station to the Granada. We spent 2 nights in the pueblos blancos. Our rental was thru Europcar. If you do this, make sure you understand where the Granada return is. It is not at the office, but in a parking ramp a couple blocks away.

Posted by
6502 posts

Yes, but there might be a charge for the one way rental. I did a quick search on the Avis site using July dates and there was no difference in price between return to the same location (Sevilla) or a one way rental to Granada. Next year might be different. Right now car rental prices are through the roof.

Posted by
5580 posts

i have only done one way rentals in Spain and France. I always use AutoEurope. Sometimes I get a message about the possibility of an extra charge for the one-way rental, most of the time there isn't one, if there is its small. Now, it could be that I typically end up with Europcar, but they tend to have the best price for my itineraries. For planning purposes, I sometimes will do a "dummy rental". I wouldn't bother at this point. Rental car prices are crazy right now and probably not a good predictor of what next summer will be like.

Posted by
7326 posts

We did a one-way with Hertz, turning in at Malaga on the southern coast. Actually we picked up the dar in Portugal, so it was a two country one-way. They did charge a one-way drop-off fee, but that made the most sense splitting the cost for 3 of us, where we each were coming from, and going from there. Just know what extra sits or restrictions might be involved, if you do a be way car rental.

Posted by
5255 posts

Right now car rental prices are through the roof.

Not in Spain. My current rental from Enterprise at Malaga airport, a Mercedes E class, was £243 for a week. Typically I'd expect to pay double, if not triple, for that type of car.

Posted by
1406 posts

Well, when in Europe, renting an automatic car is very expensive and requires advance planning. I am not sure if robi462 drives a manual shift. Also, check with your employer to see if they allow you to use corporate rates for personal travel. Sometimes it works!

Posted by
330 posts

I did a rental from Sixt, picked up in Barcelona and returned in Madrid. Normally there would be a one-way fee of $60, I got lucky and they had a Madrid car they needed to get back, so they waived the fee.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you all for your advice. We are certainly looking forward to traveling through Spain