Please sign in to post.

Rental Car

Taking the Ave train from Madrid to Malaga next April. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a car at the Malaga Train station for do you have to take the local train to the airport to pick up and return your rent a car?

Posted by
1676 posts

If you use Auto Europe - and I highly recommend it - the website will show you all the locations in Malaga before you commit to actually renting a car. I've used Auto Europe for years and have always been very pleased with car, services, etc.

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks for the suggestion of Auto Europe. It was suggested to me to book with a American company to assure ease if you need to follow up if you have any issues after your return the car. Any suggestions?

Posted by
11294 posts

While the car rental companies can have the same names in the US and in Spain, they are not otherwise linked. There are several stories on this board of how, for instance, Hertz in the US could not help or get involved with a problem with Hertz in Italy.

AutoEurope and their sister company Kemwel are US based consolidators; your car actually comes from Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Avis, etc. Look at both AutoEurope and Kemwel, as well as Gemut, and the rental companies themselves, to see who has the best deal for your needs.