Please sign in to post.

Renfe - Barcelona to Madrid

Trying to buy ticket for for April 3rd - nothing is showing. Am I not looking correctly? We are way pass the magic 62 day threshold.

Posted by
4573 posts

we are 65 days from April 3rd. So you are too soon.

Posted by
2374 posts

They must be way behind this year. I'm waiting to buy tickets for mid-March for Madrid to Valencia, but the AVE tickets aren't available yet. Late February is as far as they go.

Posted by
1294 posts

I don't think we are way past 62 days, or even reached it. Anyway, it doesn't matter - the date for loading fast AVE tickets is 90 days in theory; the 62 days was always just a best guess of when they might appear. In practice it could be any time, though likely at least 30 days in advance. Just keep checking and eventually they will show up. At some point soon there will probably be a big splurge and tickets show up for weeks ahead. It's worth reading seat61.com for info about Renfe and buying tickets.

Posted by
18 posts

You are so right. I was looking at the TripIt count - forgot that its showing count from the start of the trip. Sorry for confusion. Nonetheless - I just want to make sure Im looking at Renfe correctly.