Please sign in to post.

Prado tickets?

So we have the Rick Steves book and it says we can buy advanced tickets at a specific time to the Prado museum--but, going to the link for the Prado, we are not able to buy advanced tickets for a specific time, just a specific day.

We know we can get a pass for 3 museums, and/or a Madrid card, but, we will only be there for 3 days and the only museum we want to go to is the Prado.

So two questions:

1. am I correct and Prado-only tickets are not time-specific, or am I missing something?
  2. do we really need or should we get either the Madrid card or pass for 3 museums, or no?

Thanks!

Posted by
266 posts

I don't think there are specific times. We actually went during the free admission window (see below) and there was no line. You could always try to go during these times and if you find you didn't see enough, possibly return? Paid tickets are just 15 Euros, but maybe take a chance of going when it is $0?

From Monday to Saturday
6pm – 8pm
Sundays and holidays
5pm – 7pm

Posted by
5248 posts

Kellie,

You're correct, the Prado tickets are not time specific, only day specific. You can visit the museum all day (until 30 minutes prior to closing) with a general ticket which cost €15pp.

If you only plan to visit the Prado Museum, then you don't need to buy the 'Paseo del Arte Card'.

If you wish to visit the Prado on 2 different days, you may want to buy the "Two Visits" ticket for €22 pp.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
380 posts

Hi, Kellie

If you are over 65, you are eligible for the Discount Ticket of 7.50 euro. Bring your passport as ID.