Please sign in to post.

Prado Museum

If I have a Madrid Card, do I need to book an entry time for the Prado Museum? If so, how do I do that?

Posted by
5225 posts

The Madrid Card gives you access to many of the main sites in Madrid, including the Prado National Museum.

We didn't buy the Madrid Card when we visited the Prado, but according to the card's website (below), you can enter the museum through the, "Puerta de Jerónimos y Velázquez", and thus skipping the line at the main entrance.

The museum's website does not specify that you need to book an entry in advance if using the Madrid Card.

I doubt you need to book an entry time as this would defeat the purpose of the card (to skip the line).
https://www.museodelprado.es/en

I'm sure others who have purchased the Madrid Card will give you more information.

Enjoy!

Posted by
69 posts

No need to book an entry time. You just walk up to the entry (the one near the back to the left of the bldg if looking at the building from the front). The temporary exhibits are also included in the Madrid Card - we were able to view the Bosco exhibit with no waiting and it was amazing!!