Please sign in to post.

Places to stay in Barcelona

Will be in Barcelona for 2 nights at the beginning of May. I would be interested in hotel recommendations and places to eat. Like to be close to public transportation but prefer a neighborhood setting. Gracias!

Posted by
8141 posts

Barcelona is a very large city. You first need to figure out what part of town you want to stay in and then narrow your search from there.
Go to Google Maps of the city. Find the part of town and hit the Hotel block at the top. A bunch of icons will pop up.

We stayed one subway stop west of La Sagrada Familia.

Posted by
464 posts

I have Hotel Lleo reserved for family in July. Near city center Placa de Catalunya. Gets good reviews from several sources I always use with good results. And could accommodate us reasonably with 3 rooms for my larger family group. Small Pool on top and rooftop bar. Is walkable and close to various modes of transport to visit sites.

Posted by
1943 posts

First I think we need to know your budget.

We like the H10 hotels. We stayed at H10 Urquinaona, right by the Metro stop and loved it. The other H10 hotels looked nice as well.

Posted by
12 posts

I like to book through Bookings.com and booked a We Boutique on Ronda de Sant Pete. Cost is @ $400 for 2 nights. This is an old style hotel versus the ultra modern ones available. It looks interesting. It's so much fun planning the trip. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Posted by
35 posts

I was just at Hotel Lleo a few days ago, it is great, especially for the price (i went in January. I don't know what the cost will be during peak seasons). I walk through the Gothic area and the Warf, trust me when I say you want the area where hotel Lleo is. The breakfast is good but if you have the option of not purchasing it upfront then do that. (I noticed on Booking.com that there are 2 prices when booking 1 with breakfast and the other without and there is no discount.)

There is a department store named El Corte Inglés Seguros, it's like a Nordstroms, but unlike Nordstrom, there is a grocery store on level negative one. Go shopping there. Also, with the exception of El Corte Inglés Seguros do not eat in the restaurants within Plaça de Catalunya, they're tourist traps. A beer ya, food no.

Here is the only downside of Hotel Lleo, you need a key to access all the electricity in the room, this includes outlets. I learned that 3 days in when my computer kept powering down when I came back to my hotel and none of my phone charger-batteries were charging.

There is an empty mini fridge, it kept my cupcake cold.

Posted by
27109 posts

Beachcomber, to avoid confusion, your hotel is on Ronda de Sant Pere.