Please sign in to post.

Picasso Museum

We are going to be in Barcelona for a couple of days before our RS Best of Spain Tour begins. We want to visit the Picasso Museum and I am working to figure out which tickets we should get. Have any of you done the guided tours of the museum? Did you think it was worth it? What about the basic tickets with audio guide? Thanks for any info!

Posted by
882 posts

I think you will be satisfied with audio guide. Pay particular attention to the Velasquez studies as your visit to the Prado in Madrid contains the original Velasquez which is the basis of Picasso's series.

Posted by
27184 posts

That museum is sometimes/often unbelievably crowded. It might be worth thinking about what your reaction would be if you ran into that situation (as I did as far back as 2016): Would you be glad to be on a tour since the guide would be telling you a bit about some of the key paintings when you might not be able to get close enough to the wall to read the posted descriptions (I'm not exaggerating). Or would you be so uncomfortable that you'd leave after a few minutes and regret the extra money spent on a tour?