Please sign in to post.

Passport validity

I travel to majorca end of march an return 2nd april, my passport expires in may . I have been told i could be refused entry as passport needs to have 3 to 6 months remaining on passport is this true
Tia
Flying from Liverpool England

Posted by
8889 posts

IMPORTANT: You don't say what your nationality is. This affects the answer.
I am guessing if you are flying from Liverpool you are A UK national with a UK passport.
If that is the case, currently, during the transition period, to travel to the Schengen Area (including Spain) your passport needs to be valid up to your departure date from the Schengen Area. No extra time needed.
After 1st Jan 2021 (probably, depends on negotiations) your passport will need to be valid for 3 months after your planned departure date.

This is from UK government website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/passport-rules-for-travel-to-europe-after-brexit

If you are not a UK national, please say. For most non-EU nationalities the rules is also "valid for 3 months after your planned departure date".

Posted by
8889 posts

Yes i am a uk resident

But are you UK citizen?
It is citizenship, not residence that matters. I am a Swiss resident but a UK citizenship, it makes a big difference.

Posted by
7514 posts

But are you UK citizen?
It is citizenship, not residence that matters. I am a Swiss resident but a UK citizenship, it makes a big difference

Or more to the point, who issued your Passport? The UK? Another Country?

Posted by
5 posts

Yes born an bred in liverpool . British citizen, no criminal record, smoker, drinker, wind up merchant , general nice fella, anything else just ask. Would you like a photo? Top on or off 😁

Posted by
6113 posts

If you google the U.K. government website, you will see that you don’t need to have any additional time beyond your return to the U.K. This may change next year after the Brexit transition period.

Posted by
5 posts

Last question .. how many toilet rolls am i allowed to bring home from majorca 😁
Thanks again

Posted by
8889 posts

You are aware of course, that because they drive on the opposite side of the road, toilet rolls sold in Spain are rolled in the opposite direction, and do not fit British toilet roll holders without an adapter?

Posted by
13905 posts

Oh Chris! In the midst of all the awful news about the virus your post made me laugh out loud. Thank you so much!