Please sign in to post.

Park Guell

Hello, Please clarify entry to the park. I'd like to enter at the Careterra del Carmel gate. How long does it take to walk from that entrance to the Monument Zone? Is there an additional gate at the Monument Zone where they check for entry time? Or is the entry time for when I get to the Carmel gate? For example, if my ticket is for 10 am, can I enter the Carmel gate at 8am, walk around the park, then present my ticket for entry at the Monument Zone at 10 am? Or can I arrive at the Carmel gate at 10 am, walk around the park for an hour, and enter the Monument Zone whenever I'm ready to? Thank you!

Posted by
2942 posts

A) About two minutes
B) No
C) For when you enter the park -thru Carmel gate or any other
D) I believe you need to "enter" the park at (or approx) the given time. Once inside you can walk all of the park, including the monumental area. But again, double-check, I'm only 90% sure since this policy is relatively new (before, the visit to other areas of the park was free and the 'gate' was specifically at the monumental area).

Posted by
29 posts

We just visited Parc Guell and the tickets said arrive within 30 minutes of booked time. Not sure about coming back in.