Please sign in to post.

Palacio Real Madrid

Hello, I’m currently in Spain but all the tickets show sold out online for el Palacio Real. Any suggestions? Am I able to buy then there?

Thank you

Posted by
7024 posts

You have nothing to lose by just showing up. When it opens up might be the best time to arrive and if it’s a timed entry the entry may be for later in the day. You could also show up there your first day in the city and try to get tickets for any day you are there. Good luck.

Posted by
2267 posts

The palace is closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, which surely puts pressure on the availability of tickets on the dates before and after the closure.

While you could try to get something on a walk-up basis, I'd approach that with low expectations.

Posted by
275 posts

I would try showing up as has been suggested. I found the Palace staff to be very friendly and personable.

Best case scenario, you get in. Worst case scenario you walk the beautiful palace grounds and see that neighborhood, which was quite nice. The cathedral right there is also worth a look. Not the best cathedral I’ve ever seen but definitely has some nice finishes (stain glass, fanciful doors, etc.). There’s also a nice place for ice cream not far from the palace.

Enjoy Madrid!

Posted by
115 posts

Perfect, we walked by yesterday and the line was huge! But the guard said to come in early and since it’ll be on Monday it shouldn’t be bad. Thanks for letting me know that it’s close the next few days. Also, thanks for the info on the cathedral we also want to visit that site.

Posted by
2 posts

Another option is getting a combo ticket of the kitchen and the palace - you get a timed entry for a kitchen tour, and then can see the palace before or afterwards (apparently no timed entry for that, but I stayed afterwards to check out the palace).

Posted by
115 posts

Hello everyone, we were unable to visit the Palace. I got sick and spent the entire day in bed! We flew back the next day so we missed out on the Palace. I am well now, so until next time.