Please sign in to post.

Need help with itinerary

My husband and I will be visiting Spain for 18 days (not including our days flying to and from Spain) this fall. We will be taking the RS Best of Barcelona and Madrid tour, arriving in Barcelona several days before the tour and staying in the country about another week. We definitely want to go to Seville and Granada as well. The tour has one day trip (while in Madrid) to Toledo, but I've added an extra day and night there. Given those parameters, I'd love fellow travelers thoughts on this itinerary.
Day 1- arrive in Barcelona - not planning on much this day
Day 2- Barcelona
Day 3 -Barcelona
Day 4- Barcelona - RS tour begins
Day 5- Barcelona - tour
Day 6 - Barcelona - tour
Day 7- tour starts in Barcelona but moves to Madrid
Day 8 - Madrid - tour
Day 9 - Madrid-tour
Day 10- travel with tour to Toledo, spend night in Madrid
Day 11- tour ends, spend rest of day and night in Madrid
Day 12- train from Madrid to Toledo, spend the night there
Day 13 - train to Granada, spend the night there
Day 14 - Granada
Day 15- train to Seville
Day 16- Seville
Day 17- Seville
Day 18- return to Madrid in afternoon for flight home the next day

Posted by
1603 posts

Have you made your airline reservations? If not, I suggest flying home from Seville so that you do not have to waste time backtracking to Madrid. This will give you an extra night to spend in Seville.

Two nights in Granada is good.

I notice you don't have Cordoba on your itinerary. Cordoba is a wonderful city with important historical and cultural sites, such as the magnificent Mezquita. If you don't have to return to Madrid after Seville, you could spend a night in Cordoba before you go to Seville. Or spend 4 nights in Seville and visit Cordoba as a daytrip from Seville.

Or another option is that since you will have already seen Toledo, instead of returning to Toledo, go to Cordoba from Madrid and spend that night in Cordoba.