Please sign in to post.

Mallorca

We arrive in Palma and will be biking. We need a hotel in the best part of Palma to see everything in town for a couple of days first. Does anyone know a reasonably priced hotel/BnB/pension for two adults in town? May 16, 2017 Thanks.

Also after 8 days in Mallorca we want to spend a week going toward Gibraltar along the coast using local transportation. Anyone suggest towns/reasonable accommodations for an itinerary. We have been to Sevilla and Barcellona before. Thanks so much.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi.. we stayed in Hotel Born.. its not the cheapest place, but we were only in Palma for a few nights before going to Cala D'or so really wanted a central location so we could enjoy our short time there. I think the location was perfect.. right by the old section of town you will love to wander through.. but on a quiet side street..
The room was old fashioned ( but we prefer this type of character room over modern hotels that could be like at home) .. but well appointed , and the included breakfast was simple but it was nice they had an outside courtyard to eat in.

Our adult kids met us in Palma and found a cheaper hotel with a pool on the outskirts of the city.. however , however they envied our location.

Check out booking.com for idea.. you don't need to book via the website, its just a great way to get ideas of hotels so you can look up their websites and reviews.

Posted by
59 posts

I'm probably too late with a reply but just wanted to say last fall my husband and I stayed at an AirBnB location in Palma called Traumzimmer über den Dächern Palmas. Very rustic, lots of steps up to the 4th floor but great views, comfy bed, congenial host who speaks English and, comparably, a bargain of a price!

Posted by
270 posts

No suggestion, but some unsolicited advice. Read reviews of the hotels in Palma. We've been once and we let a travel agency book our hotel. It was not air-conditioned, it was overrun with young tourists who stayed up late and were loud, and it wasn't conveniently located to the city or the airport. We learned the hard way that we need to do research. We spent almost an entire day trying to find a different hotel. Finally we found Hotel Zurburan in Palma. Very nice. Good luck.