Please sign in to post.

Mallorca

We are going to be in Mallorca for 4 nights in June. I’m looking into catamaran/boat tours around the island. Does anyone have one they’d recommend? Also, are there any beaches where there are beach loungers/chairs that can be rented for the day ideally with drink/food service? We really enjoyed the organized beaches in Greece last summer and hoping we can find something similar

Posted by
358 posts

We are heading to Mallorca in 2025. I don't think the forum has alot of people who are familiar with Mallorca. I asked a question and didn't receive much of a response. It's good you are looking into this now, because from what I've read via googling Mallorca, you want to be efficient in this limited time.

Here is another thread on Mallorca where you may get some information. https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/spain/renting-a-car-in-mallorca-easy-safe

Posted by
5503 posts

You're correct Mo R, this forum doesn't have many contributors familiar with the island. It is predominantly a holiday destination for Brits and Germans. I have quite an extensive knowledge of the island having visited for many years and I'm currently here for two weeks however I don't know all there is to know about the island which is why I won't respond if I don't know the answer to a question posed hence my lack of a reply to the OP. I've never taken a boat tour around the island so I couldn't recommend one although I know that they do operate. I also don't know of any serviced beach loungers however I suspect they'll be restricted to hotels/resorts rather than public beaches.

Posted by
58 posts

I happen to LOVE Mallorca and I will be visiting there again this Summer. I think it is a beautiful and historic island, full of great things to see and do. I have even been there in the Winter when there are no tourist crowds.

However, I rarely respond to questions about specific recommendations, such as hotels, etc., because taste and budget vary so much, and many people are looking for the cheapest, not necessarily the highest quality, which is more my preference.

The only time I ever do beach and lounge chairs for a day is when I go through a company like Resort for a Day or get a Hotel Day Pass, and those are usually private hotels, not public beaches, and the pass almost always includes lunch and swimming pool access. Mallorca does have a variety of hotels offering day passes.

Viator, a wholesaler of day tours, has many Mallorca boat tours listed with reviews.

Buen viaje!

Posted by
358 posts

Thx JC. I may hit you up on things to do before we go is show you what we’ve come up with. We are doing a RS tour in Spain and then tacked on Mallorca with our Marriott points. I thought it would be a great way to see another aspect of Spain.

Posted by
5503 posts

Whereabouts are you staying with your Marriott points?

Posted by
8 posts

I can't really help regarding boat tours, but since there's not a lot of responses about Mallorca in general, I thought I'd make a suggestion to take the wooden train out to Soller from Palma. It's a nice day trip, especially if you aren't renting a car - you can explore Soller and take a trolley down to the Port of Soller as well.