Please sign in to post.

Malaga, Spain arriving end of 6/2018 Need Suggestions!

Hello, I'll be traveling with 3 girlfriends & 2 college students in Spain @ the end of June thru 1st week of July. We are starting our trip in Malaga for 7 days and then heading North and flying out of Barcelona 5 days later. Would appreciated any advice on itineraries, things to do, avoid, etc! We have never been to Spain but are all very experienced world travelers. Thanks so much in advance.
: )

Posted by
8171 posts

I was there 10 months ago-:out of season. The place was so busy that the on/off bus couldn't even get across town. I would hate to see what the place would be like in Summer. The cities along that part of the Med. are wall to wall high rise condos.
I would just tell you to go inland as fast as you can.

Posted by
7175 posts

Your post is short on specific detail.
Are you committed to 7 nights in Malaga followed by 5 nights in Barcelona ?
Are you looking for suggestions within, and day trips from these 2 places ?

Posted by
45 posts

After landing in Malaga, go by bus to Granada (the Alhambra), Cordoba (the Mezquita), and Seville. Then fly to Barcelona.

Posted by
2 posts

I'll try to be more specific....We have a timeshare in Malaga for 7 days and will be renting a car. Need suggestions for things to do while there and also day trip ideas. From Malaga we plan on driving to Seville and possibly staying 2 nights. From there we will either drive to Madrid or fly if that's more reasonable (depends on how long it is to drive and cost of flying). Plan on staying in Madrid for 2 nights and then fly to Barcelona for the final night as we fly out on Saturday morning.

Posted by
45 posts

Is the timeshare in the city of Malaga or in the province ? You'll want to drive to Granada for the Alhambra - be sure to get your tickets well in advance - and perhaps to Cordoba for the Mezquita. From Malaga you can drive up to Ronda for the day and then on to Seville. Malaga itself has plenty of attractions, but, for the most part, it's the beaches in the area that lure tourists.

Posted by
7175 posts

I would bypass Madrid.

Day
1. Arrive Malaga (7)
2. Malaga
3. Day to Granada
4. Day to Nerja
5. Day to Gibraltar
6. Malaga
7. Day to Ronda
8. Train via Cordoba to Sevilla (2)