Please sign in to post.

Madrid Hotel recommendation

Looking to book a Madrid hotel for a Oct visit weeklong stay. Any hotels that would fit this bill:

Quite area or at least off the street from crazy nightime noise.

Nice quality but not too fancy or low budget - not a hostel and not 5 stars

modern but not trendy or hipster in vibe - clean and efficient with some character is great - would go for more authentic/rustic if it meets the rest of the bill but want to avoid the new and hip mojo if possible

No need for other amenities like fit center or breakfast but be nice to have lounge area

Reasonable close to sights - inside the road ring and near Metro station

has at least a fridge and microwave - we want to be able to eat in the room some nights - balcony option a plus but not a must

betting an Airbnb is a better option but figure the RS community might have a hidden gem of a hotel as we prefer that over AirBNB due to reliability - for those who have stayed at the Vancouver Studios in London (an RS recommended place) that would be ideal if it was in Madrid

Posted by
39 posts

Thanks for the info on Hotel Serenity- could not find any information on it can you point me to info

Posted by
2267 posts

I do like to extra space and a kitchenette an apartment offers when I’m somewhere for more than 4-ish days. If you’re reluctant to used the likes of AirBnB, Madrid has a number of ‘aparthotels’, which offer apartments in a hotel context. I don’t have direct experience with them, but I know there’s one near the palace/opera house that’s well regarded.

Posted by
37 posts

We live in Spain with easy access to Madrid by high speed train so we visit for short trips quite often. We usually stay at the Aloft Madrid even though it is a chain (only one in Madrid though). The location is outstanding. Just off of Gran Via. Seconds to several metro stations. Great bus access to Atocha. The rooms are modern and nice. The windows block any noise. They have a communal lounge area where the front desk is. Tables and couches. We have brought back food to eat in the lounge many times. There is a microwave there (they use it during breakfast service, but available anytime). The rooms have a mini fridge. There is a Dia supermarket seconds away. Ask for a room that faces the street rather than the interior courtyard. There is a rooftop pool and bar with good space for hanging out. Great views of the city.

Posted by
954 posts

Rick did a Monday Night Travel from Madrid recently. I believe he stayed at Hotel Europa. Many people on this forum stay there and like it. Here is the link to the show: https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/travel-classes/monday-night-travel/eat

We had made reservations at VP Jardin de Recoletos but now our adult kids are going to meet us so we are renting an AirBnb in Las Letras. Here is the hotel link: https://www.recoletos-hotel.com/

Posted by
125 posts

Pestana Plaza Mayor was fantastic. Great staff,rooms and location.

Posted by
8 posts

In April I stayed at the Hotel Jardines de Sabatini for a week and enjoyed the stay so much. This is an apartment hotel across a busy street from the Royal Palace. On the front, the windows open to the street but when closed, there is no sound of traffic. There is a kitchenette in each of the apartment rooms. The staff is pleasant and friendly from the Front Desk to the cleaning crew. Vicky, who manages the breakfast room, was especially helpful and friendly. There is a rooftop bar at the top of the hotel with excellent views and, as with the other staff, friendly servers. I enjoyed being there so much that I stayed at the hotel more than I had planned to because the place is friendly, clean, quiet, and calm. I hope to return someday.

If you are interested in authentic flamenco, there is flamenco within easy walking distance on the same side of the street as the hotel: Sala Temple and Las Tablas Flamenco. There is also a small grocery, a pharmacy, and several restaurants on the street.

Carolyn Watson